The Coalition for a Strong Nebraska (CSN) organizes and builds capacity withing Nebraska’s network of nonprofits to impact poverty policy and to create an environment in which the lives of people experiencing poverty may be improved through public policy solutions. We do this work through collaboration with members, partners and individuals with lived experience. We offer trainings and webinars for people to understand and participate in the legislative process; host strategy meetings to influence policy topics; and build teams who work on specific bills.
CSN is a statewide, nonpartisan nonprofit coalition that supports structural poverty policy solutions that are informed by and will improve the lives of people most impacted by poverty.
A Nebraska where public polices ensure that everyone has the opportunity to thrive.
- Community Voice. We listen to, amplify and include community members’ voices and experiences especially those most impacted by poverty in Nebraska. Their voices guide our understanding of issues and solutions; and we empower them to push for stuctural policy change.
- Structural Change. We believe poverty stems from systemic problems and work to create an economy where every person can meet their basic needs and live a life with opportunity.
- Collective Impact. We build relationships, capacity, and participation to harness the power and collective voice of nonprofits and the people they serve.
- Expertise. Our network leverages the diverse expertise and experience of our members and people who are impacted by poverty.
- Advance Equity. We stand for inclusion, equity, and justice, and work to dismantle racist systems of oppression that create barriers and lead to unjust disparities.
Our Guiding Principles
- Trust + Respect. We understand that we can only be successful if we operate with trust and responsibility and when we allow people to be their authentic selves.
- Coordination + Communication. We know we are most powerful when we are united, when we capitalize on each member’s strengths, and are open in our communication.
- Diversity + Inclusivity. We invest in perspectives that are missing from policy-making and continually seek ways for CSN to include a plurality of voices.
- Strategy + Flexibility. We know that our work requires intentional, strategic action while also remaining agile and pivoting when needed.
The Coalition provides regular opportunities for nonprofits to collaborate to achieve better results on behalf of low-income families. We invite you to join us. Membership is free.